As we start a new year and new decade, MTD has looked back at our past 10 years.
In 2010, we officially changed our name to MTD Micro Molding, launching a decade of great achievements and milestones under the leadership of Dennis Tully.
Here are just a few of the highlights:
- MTD was a finalist for Plastics News Processor of the Year three times (2015, 2018, 2019) and won the title in 2019, becoming the smallest company to win the title in its 22 years
- For two years in a row, MTD was named one of Plastics News Best Places to Work (2018, 2019)
- Twice we made the Inc. 500 | 5000 Fastest Growing Companies list (2011, 2018)
- We became the first micro injection company in the world to receive the MedAccred Certification (2016)
- MTD received the Worcester Business Journal’s Manufacturing Excellence Award (2017)
- We doubled our workforce and made ongoing significant investments in equipment
- We broke ground on our new expansion project (2019)
The end of the decade (2019) sadly marked the passing of MTD’s president, Dennis Tully. As Plastics News editorial director Don Loepp wrote, “Now the history of MTD starts a new chapter, without its talisman, but with a strong culture and set of core values to keep it on the right track.”
Our deepest gratitude to all our customers, vendors, partners, and champions who have been (and continue to be) part of our journey.
Cheers to a prosperous new decade!