Other companies dabble in micro medical devices for the medical market, but we focus 100% on micro medical device manufacturing. This means we commit all of our people, systems and operation to meet the needs of our medical customers.
The market for less invasive micro medical devices continues to grow worldwide. In fact, the medical device industry leaps ahead almost daily, with constant demand for newer, smaller, never-before-seen micro medical devices. For the past 15 years, we have partnered with customers who came to MTD with an idea they weren’t sure could be made – looking for a solution. By refining their micro design for improved manufacturability and consulting on materials, our team of engineers helps brings these new cutting-edge products to market.
In addition to less invasive devices, novel uses of bioabsorbable technology are constantly evolving as well. And MTD has developed unmatched expertise in micromolding bioabsorbable, implantable applications.
Key Markets & Applications for Bioabsorbable Micromolding
We help our strategic partners develop those new solutions, exploring and producing tiny, delicate, and intricate components required for specialized surgeries, bioabsorbable devices and implant devices.
- Sports Medicine (ex. hard and soft bone anchors, soft tissue fixation, knotless suture anchors)
- Reconstructive Devices (ex. craniomaxillofacial, plastic surgery)
- Spinal Implants (ex. spinal degenerative disease therapies)
- Soft Tissue/Arthroscopy (ex. suture anchor, interference screws – knee, shoulder, hip)
- Fixation (ex. hernia mesh screws, staples, tacks, plugs)
- Drug Delivery (ex. polymer-based drug delivery systems: bioabsorbable pharmaceutical delivery vehicles/carriers, drug delivery implants, bioabsorbable polymer drug-eluting implants – drug/polymer coated or drug/polymer compounded to modulate drug release)
- Cardiovascular (ex. structural heart disease therapies, suturing devices, catheter ablation tips)
- Closure (ex. wound/port closure; i.e. subcutaneous absorbable fasteners, anchors, staples, suture devices, femoral artery closure)
- Neurological (ex. brain/neural implants)
- General Surgical (ex. surgical clip, MIS therapies, catheter tips)
Micromolded Advanced Delivery Devices
Micromolded ultra thin wall cannulas are ideal for patient comfort in drug delivery devices like:
- Wearable bolus injectors
- Drug infusion sets
Other Medical Micromolding Applications
Micro medical devices produced by MTD Micro Molding support a variety of medical applications, including:
- Biomed Pharma
- Diabetes Care
- Ear, Nose, Throat (ENT)
- Interventional Cardiology
- Peripheral Medicine
- and other areas to help improve life
If you’re looking for a leading manufacturer of medical grade devices, look no further than MTD Micro Molding.
Working on a new micro medical design?
Struggling to bring your design to life?