Around Father’s Day, Medical Design & Outsourcing took a look at what lessons different MedTech insiders learned from their dads. Their article reviewed 5 lessons president’s learned from their dads, with the first two being authored by MTD president, Dennis Tully:
- Be Fair” – “Be fair – not only with your customers but also with your employees.”
- Underpromise and Overdeliver – “It’s OK to underpromise and overdeliver, but certainly not the other way around.”
The article was followed up with another piece that discussed the 5 secrets of contract manufacturing longevity. Undoubtedly, there are important factors that enable a contract manufacturer to last for a long time – business traits that OEM customers should value. MDO asked top executives from long-lasting medical device industry suppliers to share their secrets. Three of these “secrets” featured input from MTD’s Dennis Tully:
- Invest in the future – Manufacturers should always keep up with the latest technology.
- Offer something special – “It makes it easier to survive long-term if you’re one of a few rather than one of many.”
- Be open to new opportunities – Always be starting new projects to keep the momentum going.
Read the article in the digital July issue here.